As Christmas is getting closer and closer, we have deciced to write an article about it. We are going to give you both a recipe and some ideas for presents.
But first do you know the origin of Santa Claus ?
In 1931, Coca Cola created Santa Claus with the famous red and white colors of its brand. It was a shock for some Catholics because for them it was a Biblical event so they decided to destroy Coca’s creation but with time they accepted it like everyone else.
Now, we are going to tell you about food and the famous Christmas chocolate log.
What you would need for the log itself is :
-100g of sugar
-100g of flour
-1 sachet of baking powder
-30g of butter
What you need for the inside of the log is :
-250g of sugar
-100g of grilled hazelnuts (crushed)
-4 eggs yolks
-25cl of milk
-200g of butter
-60g of chocolate
How to make it:
Start with the butter praline cream:
– Melt 100g of butter with the hazelnuts it will make a sort of caramel. Allow to cool down and get hard. Once hardened, reduce it in powder.
– In a saucepan put 150g of sugar, egg yolks, flour and mix it with hot milk.
-Don’t let the preparation boil; allow to cool down and then place it in the fridge.
-Beat the soft butter (100 g left) and incorporate to the cold preparation.
-At the end add the hazelnut powder.
– Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. Take a 1/3 of the cream and add the melted chocolate.
– This chocolate cream will be used to cover the log.
-Preheat the oven up to 200degres
-Put sugar, yolks, flour and baking powder, add the melted butter and then the whipped egg whites.
-Place on a baking sheet wax paper and pour out the batter (it should be one centimeter thick) and cook it for ten minutes.
– Take it out of the oven and put the cake on your work surface previously buttered and roll it in a dish towel.
– Wait a few minutes and roll it out spread the butter praline cream. Roll the cake delicately. Wrap it with cling film and put it in the fridge pour at least 2 hours.
– Before serving, spread the chocolate cream on the log. Then you can dress it as you like with icing sugar or cocoa powder!
Some ideas for presents :
For girls :
–Too Faced made an entire collection inspired by the City of Paris. It’s called Le Grand Palais and it will sure please a lot of girls. It is about $50 but it’s very complete because there are a lot of eyeshadows, a mascara, and a lipstick.
-There is also an amazing collection from L’occitane. It’s a collaboration with Pierre Hermé. There are several scents such as Jasmin and Orange Blossom or grapefruit and rhubarb.
-you can choose a perfume such as ‘L’homme idéal’ : the new fragrance by Guerlain
-Or you can buy a video game such as GTA V.
It depends on the tastes of the person.
Here’s our advice!
We hope you’ll enjoy Christmas with your loved ones. Enjoy Christmas break as well.
See you next year!
Alexandra and Sacha